Elizabeth Finn Care, a UK-based registered charity (no. 207812), gives money to help people who have less than £4,000 in savings and, lacking enough household income, can only manage a bare hand-to-mouth existence. By giving just that little bit more money beyond state benefit provision, Elizabeth Finn Care enables people to pay for the things they vitally need, take charge of their lives once more, and plan for a future. We help people whose former careers have been interrupted or ended through circumstances beyond their control: physical or mental illness, redundancy, family breakdown, or those struggling on low income in retirement. In many cases, people who apply to us have needs greater than we can meet, including needs for specialist advice and detailed information. In these cases we will work together with other charities to do as much as we can to help.

Contact www.elizabethfinncare.org.uk  or https://carers.org/grants-and-discounts/elizabeth-finn-fund-turn2us 



Tel: 05 53 01 64 54

Liz Rolfe, SSAFA Forces

Help France Case Co-ordinator

Pensioners can claim ASPA in France and may be eligible for French government financial aid or allocation de solidarité aux personnes âgées (ASPA) benefit. The benefit is for people whose monthly pension does not reach the amount of a full French state pension, since, through no fault of their own, such as unemployment, sickness or living abroad, they did not work for enough years in France. It is only available to those who have been permanent residents of France (conditions apply). Recipients must also be registered for income tax. Normally, you would qualify for this benefit from age 65, however, in some exceptional cases, where the person is officially incapable of work you can claim from age 60. Pensioners are only entitled to claim for this benefit if they have a low enough income. It works by topping their total income up to these levels. Those who qualify for ASPA may also be exempt from income tax, TV licence and property tax. The ASPA is mainly managed by CNAV nationally and locally by your nearest CRAM. You should make a claim to them if you have worked in France. To contact them: www.cnav.fr/7adresse/f_reseau.htm

If you have never worked in France, you should apply to the Caisse des Dépôts, which manages ASPA for permanent residents in France who do not have a state pension. Your application must be via your mairie. If they are not familiar with ASPA, they can contact SASPA www.saspa.fr